In his monthly radio programme the PM once again appealed the citizens to keep the surroundings neat and clean and even spoke about his government's plan on how it is going to help the startups.
Here are the highlights of PM Modi's last radio address of the year 2015:
- I convey greetings on Christmas and the advent of 2016 to the citizens of my country. India is a country that is 'festival driven economy. It helps in economic progress of every section of the society.
- Ganesh from Pune has written on the importance of cleanliness in tourist places. What Ganesh has said is worth giving importance to. He has raised a vital point. It is our duty to keep the tourist spots clean.
- I thank the media for working hard towards creating awareness about Clean India. The change is visible now. Public participation has increased all over the country.
- Since we have begun our efforts to electrify the villages, we are seeing the enthusiasm in the villages being electrified.
- Through 'Narendra Modi Mobile App' we can connect with each other. People tell me a lot of positive things happening.
- On 12th Jan we will mark the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda. Since 1995 National Youth Festival begins on that day. This time the festival will be held in Chhattisgarh. The festival will be a mini-India with youth from all over joining.
- On 16th January we are coming out with an action plan on start ups. Universities and youth will be connected with this programme. Had spoken about India being a 'Start Up Capital.' In every sphere we need to have new ideas and focus on innovation.
- The talent of our youth is not restricted to a few cities. All across India youngsters have talent & they need opportunities.
- I have thought about how people we call "viklaang" have an extra power with which they live their lives and inspire us. Instead of the word "viklaang" cant we all refer to these people as "divyaang"? As these people are gifted with an extra power.
- "Direct Benefit Transfer Scheme" has received place in Guinness Book of World Records, it has been successfully implemented.
- Before 26 January, how about you all share with me creative work, writings on 'duties'. Share them on MyGov.