Mumbai, Sept 5: The five accused who gangraped a 23-year-old photojournalist at the defunct Shakti Mills compound in Mumbai are reportedly involved in sexual assault of ten other women in a span of six months.
According to a report, the police officials who are investigating the gangrape case have said that all five accused have targeted at least ten women at the same place in last six months.
They have also reportedly raped four women before gangraping the photojournalist on August 22.
A crime branch officer said, "We believe many survivors may not be coming out because of the fear of the gang members on the loose."
They also used to click photo of victims so that they don't report the incident.
The investigating team zeroed in on the conclusion that the accused sexually assaulted at least ten women as all of them gave different versions of dates and descriptions of victims.
During the interrogation, one of the accused revealed that they used to "pose as policemen" on the pretext of inquiry, after spotting a potential target.
They have reportedly admitted to have first raped a girl in March when she was crossing a railway track, then a rag picker from a nearby slum and a sex worker (whom they did not pay).
They also used to click photos of victims so that they don't report the incident to anyone and also said that they never stole valuables from victims as it could have lead to their tracing.
Earlier this week, another woman who allegedly fell prey to them had filed a case accusing five men of raping her at the same location on July 31.
Meanwhile, police is suspecting that the accused may have more accomplices who are also involved in committing rape and sexual assault.