Ahmedabad: Minor fire at ISRO, no major damage reported

Ahmedabad, Oct 30: A minor fire broke out in the Air Conditioner (AC) unit at the Space Application Centre (SAC) of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) here today with no casualty reported, fire officials said.

The blaze occurred in the AC unit outside a lens testing laboratory at the SAC in the ISRO campus.

Minor fire at ISRO, no major damage

According to Additional Chief Fire Officer Rajesh Bhatt, the blaze has been contained within half an hour and it caused no major damage to the laboratory where testing is done on various equipment and camera lenses used in space missions.

"We received a call to douse fire inside the ISRO complex this morning as the staff noticed smoke emanating from an AC unit installed outside a laboratory where they test various equipments and lenses used in cameras that are put on satellites," Bhatt said.

The officer said as per primary investigation, the blaze was caused due to short circuit.

"The fire was controlled within 30 minutes. Primary investigation revealed that fire was caused due to short circuit. Forensic experts were also called in to find out the exact cause of short circuit. No major damage has been reported," he added.


Please Wait while comments are loading...