The Maratha Kranti Morcha will hold a massive rally in South Mumbai on Wednesday.
Close to five lakh people from various parts of Maharashtra are expected to take part in the rally tomorrow. Anticipating the impact on traffic, the Mumbai police have streamlined routes and put in restrictions to reduce inconvenience to commuters.
Routes to avoid:
- The rally will start from Jijamata Udayan at 11 AM
- Vehicles for rally will move from Suman Nagar junction towards the Bhaktipark Marg
- Vehicles will reach CST through Eastern Freeway
- Exit will be through Port Trust Marg
- Vehicles coming from the Navi Mumbai will reach Bombay Port Trust
- Movement will be through Eastern Freeway from Panjalpol junction in Chembur
- From Thane, participants will take the Eastern Express Highway through Suman Nagar Junction
- Vehicles from Western Express Highway have to take Santacruz-Chembur Link Road
- Move towards Amar Mahal Junction and reach Suman Nagar junction to go to the Port Trust
- Vehicles from Western Link Road and SV Road will go through Kalanagar junction
- Move towards Dharavi-Sion railway station
- Then take a left turn towards the highway to reach the Port Trust
- The rally will terminate at Azad Maidan near Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus at 5 PM
- Parking arrangements have been made at the vacant space near the Port Trust
- These roads will be closed on Wednesday
- The road from Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Road at Dadar Fire Brigade junction will be closed for all vehicles on the south bound road
- North and South bound roads from JJ flyover to Azad Maidan will be closed for all vehicles.
- Hajarimal Somani Marg from OSC junction to CST will be closed for all North and South bound traffic.
- The roads from Metro Junction to BMC head office will be closed
- Roads from Bhatiya Baig to the CST junction will also be closed
Alternate routes for commuters:
- From King Circle towards PDmello Road
- From Dadar TT towards Chaar Raasta
- Naigaon crossroad to RAK Marg
- From Madame Cama Road towards Hutatma Chowk to Kala Ghoda
- From NM Joshi Marg to Lower Parel for Worli Naka
- Marine Drive road to Worli from Haji Ali.