New Delhi, Sept 24: India said on Thursday that it had no confirmed casualties of its citizens so far, as 310 people were killed in a stampede during the Haj pilgrimage in Makkah, Saudi Arabia. One Indian pilgrim was injured in the stampede.
External affairs ministry spokesperson Vikas Swarup tweeted: "Our Mission in Jeddah continuously monitoring situation in Makkah following tragic stampede. No confirmed casualties at this point of time."
As many as 450 people were injured in the stampede that occurred five kilometres from Makkah, the Saudi Civil Defence authorities said.
A Haj pilgrim from Lakshadweep was among the injured, Kerala Home Minister Ramesh Chennithala told the media in Thiruvananthapuram.