New Delhi, Mar 4: A major fire broke out at a godown in centre Delhi's Ajmeri Gate area this evening, from which at least three persons were rescued, police said.
According to Delhi Fire Department officials, the incident was reported around 8.45 pm and initially six fire tenders were rushed to the spot.
However, as the fire officials failed to control the flames for almost one hour, seven more fire tenders were sent.
Three persons including women who were suspected to have collapsed after inhaling fumes, were rescued from the building. They were rushed to a private hospital, officials said.
"From preliminary investigation, it appears that the fire originated from a short circuit. The matter is being probed and a case of negligence is likely to be registered," the police said.
Till 10.15 pm, the fire was yet to be fully doused.