Maggi Controversy: After Madhuri Dixit, Amitabh Bachchan, Preity Zinta breaks her silence

Mumbai, June 3: Finally she broke her silence. Bollywood actress Preity Zinta, who faced an FIR in connection with the row over maggi, spoke about the controversy which has hit the country.

Speaking on micro-blogging site Twitter, the actress raised several questions over the maggi controversy as she had been booked in the case whereas she had endorsed for the brand 12 years ago.

[Maggi row: Court directs FIR against Amitabh, Madhuri, Preity]

Preity Zinta

During her "2 minute" chat on Twitter, Preity Zinta tweeted, "Reading the news about me being sued for doing the Maggie commercial over 12 years ago ? 12 years ago ? How does that happen?"

However, after receiving a question on the micro-blogging site, Preity replied, "do u think they will have samples from the time I did the add ?"

Earlier Madhuri Dixit and Amitabh Bachchan had spoken about the controversy. An FIR has been filed against the trio -- Madhuri, Amitabh and Preity as they featured in advertisements endorsing maggi.

Mr Bachchan, who is also known as Big B, said, "I did check with Nestle, who make the product, whether this is all right and if they are sure... I even put a clause in my contract where I said that I hope you people defend me, legally, if something happens. I don't endorse it now because my contract is over."

[Maggi controversy: Extra cautious with endorsements, says Amitabh Bachchan]

He was also quoted as saying, "Every time there is something consumable, I try to have a look at it because they are always up for a lot of controversies. And, if you are in some celebrity position, then you are bound to get attacked and getting drawn into it."

Meanwhile, Madhuri Dixit Nestle officials. She earlier had tweeted, "Like most of India, I have enjoyed Maggi noodles for years. I was very concerned after recent reports and met with the Nestle team."

In the FIR against the three actors, the petitioner claimed that he had purchased Maggi from a shop at Lenin chowk of Muzaffarpur on May 30 and that he was taken ill after he ate it.

This prompted him to file a case against Nestle, the maker of the noodles and the film stars who are the product's brand ambassadors.

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...