"The look out notice was issued against Ferreira in connection with QNet case. We had summoned him for questioning three weeks ago but he did not turn up," a senior police officer told PTI.
In the second week of December, the Economic Offences Wing (EOW) of the city police, probing the QNet scam, had served summons to 75-year-old Ferreira, directing him to appear before them to quiz him about his association with the scam-hit company.
Ferreira described the allegations as outrageous, untruthful
The EOW has arrested nine team leaders of the QNet so far for allegedly duping investors by offering to sell products like magnetic disks, herbal products and holiday schemes through fraudulent practices. QNet has also been accused of using the banned binary pyramid business model for their multi-level marketing (MLM) schemes to entice investors.
The accused have been charged with cheating and forgery under relevant sections of the Prize, Chits and Money Circulation Schemes (Banning) Act 1978.
Ferreira, who was abroad on December 17, had said he would appear before the investigators as soon as he returns to India. He had also defended the controversial company.
Police on Thursday said they did not know if the Padma Bhushan awardee was back in Mumbai or still abroad. The winner of the World Amateur Billiards Championship had also described as "outrageous, malicious and untruthful" the allegations against him of defrauding people through QNet.