Uttar Pradesh will go to Assembly elections early in 2017. The state has an Assembly comprising 403 seats and a party/alliance has to win 202 seats to form the government. In 2012, when the last state election was held in UP, the Samajwadi Party had won 224 seats to get a decisive majority. [Know constituencies of UP Assembly polls]
OneIndia will take one Assembly constituency a day and have a look at electoral information related to it:
Constituency Name: Misrikh (SC category)
- Constituency No. 153
- District: Sitapur
- Population: 15,163
- Literacy: 65%
2012 Assembly election result
- Winner: Ram Pal Rajwanshi(SP)
- Votes received: 61,346
- Nearest rival: Manish Kumar Rawat (BSP)
- Votes : 59,824
- Difference: 1,522
- Margin: 1, 522 (0.81 %)
- Total voters: 1,87, 3 29
- Turnout: 58.8 %
Past results of Assembly constituency
- In 2007, Anoop Kumar(SP) defeated his rival Gaya Prasad ( BSP) with 3, 144 votes.
- In 2002, Om Prakash (SP) defeated his rival Rakesh Singh ( BSP) with 18, 611 votes.
Misrikh Parliamentary constituency comprises of four Vidhan Sabha segments. These are Misrikh, Mallanwan, Balamau, Sandila and Bilhaur.
2014 Lok Sabha result of Misrikh
- Anju Bala (BJP) defeated Ashok Kumar Rawat (BSP) with 87, 363 votes with margin 8.75 %.