Uttar Pradesh will go to Assembly elections early in 2017. The state has an Assembly comprising 403 seats and a party/alliance has to win 202 seats to form the government. In 2012, when the last state election was held in UP, the Samajwadi Party had won 224 seats to get a decisive majority. [Know constituencies of UP Assembly polls]
OneIndia will take one Assembly constituency a day and have a look at electoral information related to it:
Constituency Name: Lucknow North (GEN)
- Constituency No. 172
- District: Lucknow
- Population of the district: 3,588,455
- Overall Literacy: 79.33%
- Sex ratio: 906/1000
2012 Assembly election result
- Winner: Abhishek Mishra (SP)
- Votes received: 47,580
- Nearest rival: Dr. Neeraj Bora (INC)
- Votes: 45,361
- Difference: 2,219
- Margin: 2,219 (1.3%)
- Total voters: 3, 36,777
- Turnout: 50.0%
Lucknow North comprises of ward nos. 9, 14, 27, 38, 39, 41, 43, 45, 48, 51, 60, 66, 69, 72, 84, 93, 103 & 105 in Lucknow (M Corp.) of 3-Lucknow Tehsil.
Lok Sabha constituency
- Lucknow North assembly seat falls under Lucknow LS constituency
- Lucknow Lok Sabha constituency comprises of five legislative assembly segments.
- These are Lucknow West, Lucknow North, Lucknow East, Lucknow Central and Lucknow Cantt.
- In 2014 LS poll, BJP's Raj Nath Singh defeated Congress' Rita Bahuguna Joshi from this seat.