Kenya attacks: Al-Shabab threatens more terror strikes

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Terror attacks
Nairobi, Sept 26: Assisted by the intelligence agencies from across the world, The Kenyan forces have finally claimed victory over the Somali-based Islamic outfit Al Shabaab. While reports of the exact number of dead and injured are still not confirmed, official sources presume that 6 Kenyan soldiers and 61 civilians are killed. Moreover, 62 people are said to be hospitalised.

President Uhuru Kenyatta, however, warned that 71 people who had been there when the terror struck are still unaccounted for. Moreover, there were bodies suspected to be trapped under the rubble of the three floors that had collapsed during the strike.

Further investigations by the intelligence forces highlight a possibility that the militants may have rented space in the mall and were preparing for the attack for quite some time now. Meanwhile, in an audio message, the Al Shabaab leader Ahmed Abdi Godane (Abu Zubeyr) said that the attack was launched in retaliation of the Kenyan forces in Somalia since 2011.

"Today make a decision and withdraw your troops from Islamic regions (of Somalia); otherwise be ready for more bloodshed in your land economic collapse and displacement," Abu Zubeyr said.

The Somalia government has, however, condemned the terror attack strongly and has distanced itself from the outfit. It has also supported the Kenyan Government by extending them the required support for rescue efforts and blood donations to the victims.

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...