Juvenile rapist in Nirbhaya case to walk free

Subscribe to Oneindia News

New Delhi, Dec 11: The juvenile accused, who was also the most demonic among all the six rapists, in the December 16 2012 Nirbhaya rape case may walk free.

While this was a slap on the face of humanity and the Indian judiciary, what added to the irony was that an MLA is mulling signing a legal bond with the juvenile accused to affirm his good behaviour. Although in line with the Indian Union Cabinet Minister for Women & Child Development's demand that such criminals should be kept under constant watch even after release, the feasibility of the same is now being debated.

Nirbhaya parents

Earlier this month, the juvenile completed three years in the rehabilitation centre and was rumored to have been shifted to an NGO for a year of vocational training and personality development.

[Read: Juvenile 'release' scratches old wounds as Nirbhaya's mother watches helplessly]

Meanwhile, strong reactions were received from Nirbhaya's parents who said that this would send out a very wrong message to the people, especially the youth and the youngsters who will not hesitate to commit such crimes again. BJP leader Subramanium Swamy is likely to file PIL against the release.

[Read: Nirbhaya Gangrape: Juvenile's face be shown to the world, says victim's father]

ON the ill-fated night of Dec 16, 2012, Nirbhaya was brutally gangraped by 6 people on a moving bus when she was coming back from a late night movie in Munirka. The six accused were out on a joy ride when they picked up Nirbhaya and her friend. They later tied and beat the friend up and raped Nirbhaya before throwing her out of the bus along with her friend.

[Read: Nirbhaya gangrape case: Maneka Gandhi says juvenile will be kept under close watch]

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...