Judgement in Dilsukhnagar blasts case may come on November 21

A total of 158 witnesses were examined in the 2013 Dilsukhnagar blasts

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Hyderabad, Nov 8: A special court for cases probed by National Investigation Agency here is likely to pronounce judgement in the February 2013 Dilsukhnagar twin blasts case on November 21.

Indian Mujahideen co-founder Yasin Bhatkal and Pakistani national Zia-ur-Rahman alias Waqas are among the six accused in the case. Main accused, IM founder Riyaz Bhatkal, is absconding.

Verdict in Dilsukhnagar blasts on Nov 21

Other three accused (all alleged IM members) are Asadullah Akhtar alias Haddi, Tahaseen Akhtar alias Monu and Aijaz Sheikh. The hearing was held in the premises of Cherlapally Central Prison here where the accused are lodged.

"Final arguments by the prosecution and defence were completed. The court today reserved its judgement for November 21," said special public prosecutor K Surendra.

A total of 158 witnesses were examined and more than 500 documents were cited during the hearing, Surendra told PTI. The hearing began in August last year.

Eighteen people were killed and 131 injured in two deadly explosions near Konark and Venkatadiri theatres in Dilsukhnagar, a crowded shopping area in the city, on February 21, 2013.

The accused were tried under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967, and other relevant acts including IPC. Riyaz Bhatkal arranged supply of explosive substances and money, according to NIA.

Asadullah Akhtar and Waqas, who got the explosives and the money, joined Tahseen Akhtar in Hyderabad and they together prepared two IEDs, NIA said.

PTI

Please Wait while comments are loading...