New Delhi, Feb 16: The Delhi police arrested ex-Delhi university teacher S A R Geelani and Kanhaiya Kumar, president of Jawaharlal Nehru University's students union in connection with the JNU campus row case.
Sedition charges have been slapped against Kanhaiya and Geelani who were arrested last week and Tuesday respectively.
Here are some facts about Kanhaiya Kumar
- Kanhaiya Kumar, a resident of Bihar's Begusarai district is a third year PhD scholar at the JNU.
- He became JNUSU president last year.
- His village in Begusarai is known as Leningrad of Bihar' or 'Little Moscow'.
- His mother an Anganwadi worker and his elder brother are the main bread earner of the family. His father is bed ridden, reported Zee News.
- Kanhaiya Kumar had long association with AISF. He did his schooling from Bihat and later moved to Barauni.
Facts about SAR Geelani who was arrested on Tuesday
- SAR Geelani served as lecturer at University of Delhi. He used to teach Arabic there.
- Geelani who was arrested in connection with 2001 Parliament attack was later acquitted due to lack of evidence against him.
- Geelani, a resident of Kashmir has been vocal for Azad Kashmir.