New Delhi, Feb 15: Launching a scathing attack on Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi for his stand on the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) row, Bharatiya Janata Party president Amit Shah on Monday framed 8 questions for him and Congress president Sonia Gandhi to answer.
JNU has been on the boil over the arrest of its students' union president Kanhaiya Kumar on sedition charges after some students organised a meet to mark the anniversaries of executions of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru and Jammu Kashmir Liberation Front co-founder Maqbool Bhat.
Anti-India slogans were raised at the gathering. Delhi Police on Thursday registered a sedition case and arrested Kanhaiya Kumar.
Here are the questions Amit Shah asked Sonia, Rahul Gandhi to answer in his blog
- Has he joined hands with separatist elements? Asks Amit Shah on his support to those shouted anti-national slogans like 'Pakistan Zindabad', "Go India Go back".
- By extending its support to separatists, does Rahul want another partition of the country?
- Any action should not be taken against anti-national elements like JNU protestors in the country?
- By protesting in favour of such anti-nationalists, are you not encouraging anti-national forces?
- Emergency of 1975 is the definition of the democracy values of the Congress party? Asks Shah in his blog.
- Does he find similarity between mindset of Indira Gandhi was Hitler?
- Has Rahul Gandhi got new definition of patriotism? He asks on his support to those who glorified Afzal Guru and shouted Separatists slogans in Kashmir.
- Will he offer such a tribute to the soldiers, including Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, who sacrificed their lives in Siachen recently?
"I, on behalf of 125 crore people of the country, want answers from Congress president Sonia Gandhi and vice president Rahul Gandhi on the above mentioned questions. I also seek Rahul Gandhi's apology to the nation for his act," Shah wrote.