Chennai, Dec 3: The mortal remains of J Jayalalithaa draped in the Tricolour was taken to the Rajaji Hall this morning for the public to pay their last respects.
Scores of followers thronged the venue to catch a glimpse of their beloved leader.
Security is very high in Tamil Nadu which remains in a high state of alert.
Here are the ten developments:
-Jayalalithaa passes at 11.30 pm on Monday at Apollo Hospitals
- Body first taken to Poes Garden and moved to Rajaji Hall after rituals performed
- Governor announces seven-day State mourning
- Schools and colleges given holidays for 3 days
- O Paneerselvam is the new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- 31 Ministers take charge in presence of Governor
- Jayalalithaa's body draped in Tricolour lies in state at Rajaji Hall
- Cremation to take place at 4 PM today near MGR Samadhi, Marina
- President Pranab Mukherjee, Prime Minister Narendra Modi offer condolences
- Security tight across Tamil Nadu which is on high alert