IS shocker: Karnataka man alive and working

Bengaluru, Dec 1: In a peculiar case the police were forced to remove the name of a person from Karnataka who was earlier proclaimed dead in Syria.

This is the case relating to Bijapur resident Abdul Khuddus whose name figured in the list of ISIS recruits. Last week when a list was put out it was also stated that this person had died while fighting for the ISIS in Syria.


After the list was prepared a team of Karnataka police visited the family of Abdul to seek more information. The family was taken aback when they saw the police. They in fact told the cops that their son was very much alive and working in a reputed firm in Saudi Arabia.

The police then told the family members to call him. The family members connected the cops to Abdul through video chat. The police were taken aback to see him hale/hearty and chatting. Immediately after this the police instructed the home ministry about this development.

The list mentioning the list of Indian recruits to the ISIS and also those who died in Syria and Iraq has been modified. The name of Abdul does not figure in that list any more.

Last week a list of those who joined the ISIS had been prepared. According to the list 6 from Karnataka Had joined the ISIS. It was also stated that 3 from Karnataka had died while fighting for the ISIS. The list of recruits and those who died had the name of Abdul as well. The same has now been removed.

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...