New Delhi, June 23: Ministry has issued a clarification, stating that no change will take place in Railway rules from July 1. Statement said that all the reports regarding changes in Railway rules and facilities are false. All such reports are totally incorrect and baseless.
In a PIB statement, Ministry has given point to point clarification regarding all rules including waitlisted tickets, Tatkal bookings and other such services.
"Railways has been selling waitlisted tickets both through online (e-ticket) and PRS counters. There is no change in this scheme and railway will continue to sell waitlisted tickets through both online and PRS counter, statement said.
Railway also said that Suvidha Class of Trains will continue to run. "The waitlisted ticket in such trains is also available, if required. Provision of partial refund in case of Suvidha Train Tickets is available right from the beginning of the scheme", statement further said.
Here is the whole statement
- Railways have notified new refund rules in November, 2015.There rules are still continuing and there is no change in them.
- There is no proposal to discontinue paper tickets for Shatabdi and Rajdhani trains and for that matter in any class of train. However, for passengers booking tickets online (i.e. E-Tickets) the tickets received by sms is a valid authority for travel along with permissible proof of identity.
- The booking time for Tatkal Tickets was changed last year with booking for AC classes opening at 10:00 AM and for Non-AC classes at 11:00 AM. one day in advance of actual date of journey excluding date of journey. There is no change in these timings and the same arrangement is continuing.
- There has been no new scheme or charges of booking coaches and trains. The existing scheme is in vogue for many years and is continuing to be valid.
- Again there is no change in the refund rules of tatkal tickets. Under the existing rule, no refund is granted on cancellation of confirmed Tatkal tickets/ duplicate tatkal ticket. This rule continuous to be in operation.
- Railways is already running its destination alert facility on its help line number 139. In addition, a free destination alert service in some Rajdhani and Shatabdi trains was also introduced on a pilot basis for train arrival at destination between 11:00 AM to 6:00 AM already available. So there is no change in this facility also.
- Railways will introduce its new railway time table in the month of October, 2016.