IGNOU reaching out to new groups with French language programme

Nagpur, April 28: The Regional Centre of Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has decided to conduct French language classes in Nagpur before it is developed as a Smart City with support from France.

A lot of people particularly (French) experts will be frequently visiting and camping here for quite a long time and will be interacting with the locals and French language will be handy for the locals to converse with French people, Dr P Shivaswaroop, Regional Director of IGNOU said.


Normally a person is comfortable in his own spoken language and therefore IGNOU has decided to teach French language to those desirous particularly job seekers, engineers and others, he told.

[87 prisoners appear for IGNOU final exam in Odisha]

IGNOU is continuously striving to “Reach the Unreached” sections of the society in collaboration with various organizations, so that education can reach the desirous and they can continue their activities at their own place and update their knowledge, skills and academic qualifications.

He said among literate Indians, 6.7% are only Graduates and remaining 93.3% studied less than Graduation. He felt that Distance Education is one of the best options to increase their education level.

In collaboration with Indian Air Force Maintenance Command Nagpur, the IGNOU Nagpur Regional Centre has conducted awareness meetings for the members of AFWWA (Air Force Wives Welfare Association), Warriors and other staff members.

Looking into the interest of the members, it was announced that a special admission camp (for Air Force people) is being arranged in the Air Force premises as a single window operation.

As a part of social responsibility and IGNOU’s efforts, five Commercial Sex Workers (CSW) took admission for Bachelor’s Preparatory Programme (BPP) of IGNOU with the help of Red Cross Society in red light area in city, he added.


Please Wait while comments are loading...