New Delhi, Oct 5: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Monday launched a unique mobile platform to promote its various activities across the country.
IAF Chief Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha formally inaugurated the platform named IPEV (Induction Publicity Exhibition Vehicle) at Air Force Station in New Delhi today.
An IAF spokesperson said that the IPEV is among the many new initiatives being planned with the aim of staying connected with today's ‘tech-savvy and button- friendly' generation.
The launch of IPEV comes just days before the IAF set to celebrate its 83rd anniversary on October 8.
"Our idea is to bring the IAF closer to the young generation. It also gives an opportunity for the youth to take a close look at the opportunities in the IAF. This is in continuation with last year's launch of an air combat 3D mobile game, which was well received," the spokesperson said.
In the coming days, the IPEV will be visiting various educational institutes across the country.
"The creatively-designed exteriors and state-of-the-art equipment like touch panels, tabs, simulator and video screens would provide the right platform for IAF's branding and publicity efforts to attract the youth," the spokesperson added.
Vehicle loaded with many unique features
* The modified vehicle (IPEV) brings various facets and working of the IAF to aspirants across the expanse of the country.
* It houses an Information Zone which would give aspirants all career-related information in the IAF.
* The Experience Zone gives a refreshing feel to visitors on Sarang aerobatics team, Air Warrior Drill Team, flying among others.
* The Experience Zone is supported via Glasstron goggles.
* The vehicle also has a Simulator Zone where one can experience the joy of flying various aircraft.
* The aircraft Model Zone displays latest aircraft in its inventory with their features and videos.