New Delhi, Dec 14: The ISI appears to have wiped out all possible evidence that could link Mohammad Naved to Pakistan. It may be recalled that Naved was the terrorist captured alive following the Udhampur attack at Jammu and Kashmir in August 2015.
Naved following his arrest spilt the beans on the Pakistan link to the Udhampur attack and had even provided addresses and phone numbers of his family members, mentors and friends.
A day after his arrest, the NIA managed to connect on phone number, but ever since that the number has been switched off. In all Naved had provided the NIA with 12 numbers and an equal number of addresses. However none of the numbers are reachable today which makes it very clear that all possible evidence and trails have been wiped out.
Wiping the trail:
An NIA official informed OneIndia that a lot of the trail seems to have been wiped out in Pakistan. We had witnessed something very similar during the 26/11 attack after the capture of Ajmal Kasab. At first a few journalists in Pakistan had tracked down Kasab's address and even reported it.
However all information relating to Kasab began drying out gradually, perhaps at the insistence of the ISI, the NIA official said. The ISI can go to any length to wipe out a trail. They must have shifted every remotely linked to Naved from their original address, the officer also added.
It has been almost five months since the arrest of Naved. So far he has not been able to speak with anyone in Pakistan. The NIA will provide details to the Pakistan high commission and ask for assistance in tracking down Naved's family or friends.
However if the ISI has moved these persons, then this exercise too may be futile the NIA says. The case will be built up on circumstantial evidence and his confessions and then taken to the court, the NIA official further added.