Panaji/Belagavi, Nov 14 Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who vowed to weed out the black money menace from the country, became emotional during his speech in Belagavi yesterday.
Here are the highlights of what he said in his speeches in Panaji and Belagavi.
- Demonetisation of Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 notes is an "important step towards eradicating corruption and black money".
- BJP-led government was voted to power by people to free the nation of corruption and black money menace.
- Thank former Goa chief minister Manohar Parrikar for transforming the state into a modern and digitally driven state.
- If any money that was looted in India and has left Indian shores, it is our duty to find out about it.
- I understand the pain people are facing. I have seen poverty and understand people's problems.
- If I commit any mistake, I am ready to face any punishment the country will give me.
- I promise to deliver a corruption-free India. This (demonetisation) is a step towards cleansing the system.
- I am constantly working towards transforming the nation. I left everything, my family (chokes), for the nation.
- This suffering is for 50 days. Give me 50 days and you will see changes.
- Will expose corruption since Independence; If I have to employ 1 lakh men for this, will do.
- Have more projects in mind to make India corruption-free; Cooperate with me for 50 days to ensure this.