Ranchi, Nov 23: Two days before the poll-bound Jharkhand is set to hold assembly elections in five phases, the Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Sunday, Nov 23 addressed two power-packed rallies in Daltonganj and Gumla districts of the state.
Here is what Sonia Gandhi said in both the rallies:
Highlights of Gumla rally:
- Congress President Sonia Gandhi began her second rally in Gumal district around 2 pm by saying, "I salute this land of freedom fighters & hard working people."
- Congress is a party of aspirations of people which has always fought for the rights of people
- Congress believes in taking all sections of society forward, we have worked for empowerment of dalits, tribal and minority classes.
- The funds allocated by Congress for development of Jharkhand were never utilized by the BJP-led state government.
- Ache Din ke lubhaavne vaade ke saath jo log satta mein aye, unki nakaamyabi har kone se nazar aa rhi hai (Those who came in power with the promise of ushering in good days, their failure is visible from each and every corner).
- Today BJP talks about malnutrition, why don't they pay attention to lakhs of people who are suffering from same in BJP- led states.
- Congress logon ke hit mein kaam karna jaanti hai, bada chadha kar prachaar karna nhi (Congress knows to work for the welfare of the people and does not believe in over publicity).
- You have 40% of minerals of the nation, still your state is lagging behind.
- They (BJP) have no policies of their own, they are just repackaging our policies and announcing as their own.
- You should not be fooled by false promises made by BJP. I appeal you all to cast each one of your votes in favor of Congress.
Highlights of Daltonganj rally:
- Congress President Sonia Gandhi addressed first rally in Daltonganj district of Jharkhand.
- Congress has a history of fighting for the rights of citizens.
- Congress has fought for empowerment of women and for the life of dignity for minorities and all sections of society.
- You will be surprised to know the funds allocated for implementation of policies for development of Jharkhand did not reach you.
- People (BJP) who seek your blessings today, why don't they tell you what they did for you when they were in power.
- On one hand, there is Congress which has an ideology of taking everyone along, on the other, there is BJP that encourages communal elements and develops hatred within people.
- Congress will continue with its fight for the rights of people and work for development of State
- You must be wary of such people (BJP) and think before casting your vote. I appeal you all to cast each one of your votes in favor of Congress.