New Delhi, Sept 20: Despite Congress's protest, Narendra Modi received green signal from the Election Commission of India to hold his monthly programme Mann Ki Baat.
The Prime Minister on Sunday, Sept 20 addressed the nation once again in his radio programme 'Mann Ki Baat'.
This was the 12th edition of the programme where Modi shared his thoughts on different issues. The first edition aired on Oct 3, 2014.
Here are the highlights of Modi's speech during the 12th edition of Mann Ki Baat:
- 30 Lakh people have given up their gas subsidy. Isn't this a silent revolution?
- Mann Ki Baat has became a source of information, it has created an opportunity for expression of social strength.
- Earlier it was "Khaadi for Nation", now the need of the hour is "Khaadi for fashion"; In last one year sale of Khaadi has almost doubled
- On Diwali use mitti diyas. This will help the environment and will help the poor as well.
- Mahatma Gandhi had said that if I have to choose between cleanliness and independence as a priority, I would choose cleanliness. We too should follow him.
- Over 50 members of Netaji's family will meet me in Oct 2015; It will be a moment of happiness for me to host such esteemed guests.
- In a democracy, every voter decides the future of the country. Our Election Commission has become a facilitator, voter-friendly, all policies, schemes are voter-centric, this is a very good change.
- Children should be curious. They should ask questions and learn more about science