Gurgaon, June 26: Another complaint from an iPhone user states that his 2-day old phone exploded while making a call. The call was made on hands-free and therefore the user escaped without hurting himself. Kishan Yadav had bought the phone just 2 days ago from a renowned shop for Rs 60,000. 2 days later, he was in his car, making a call to his frind with his handsfree.
Suddenly, he noticed that his 64GB phone was releasing sparks. Sensing danger, he threw the phone out of the car and it exploded just when it hit the ground. Yadav returned to the shop and asked to speak to Apple directly. The store said that it will retain the phone and get back to Yadav with an update.
A complaint was also filed with the police. However, it is not yet clear whether he received a new unit. While similar incidents are not unheard of regarding iPhones in India, incident pertaining to the new model is new.
Previously, a man acquired third-degree burns when an iPhone 5c started burning in his pocket. Last April, another man in Minnesota was admitted to the hospital when his charger was plugged.