Fresh violence in Trilokpuri, prohibitory orders imposed

Fresh violence in Trilokpuri, prohibitory orders imposed
New Delhi, Oct 25: Fresh violence erupted in Trilokpuri area of East Delhi today in which five people suffered gunshot injuries after which prohibitory orders were imposed and tension continued for the third consecutive day in the wake of a clash between two groups on Diwali night.

More than 70 miscreants have been arrested so far in connection with the incident and combing operations are on. Police advised the general public to refrain from visiting the area. Residents of the locality have been fighting pitched battles since Diwali's night and have also pelted stones on security personnel which left at least 35 injured including 13 policemen in the last three days.

A number of vehicles belonging to locals and to policemen have been vandalised in the area. Among the injured, five people suffered gunshot wounds. While locals claimed the bullets were fired by the police, senior officials said the shots were fired by miscreants.

"Four persons have received gunshot wounds but it was not fired by us. We are trying to identify who opened fire. Ten people were arrested in this connection yesterday while 60 nabbed today for rioting in the area. The situation remains tense but is under control," said a police official.

According to the police, 14 persons, including 13 policemen, were injured in last night's violence. 10 persons were arrested for alleged involvement in rioting. Adequate arrangements were made in the affected area to maintain peace. Trouble erupted again this morning following sporadic incidents of stone-pelting in the area.


Please Wait while comments are loading...