Mumbai, Oct 5: A minor fire on Monday broke on the second floor of a three-storied commercial building in South Mumbai, a civic official said.
"However, no one was hurt in the incident. The fire broke out at around 7 PM at Khatau building located at Kala Ghoda area near Colaba," an official from Disaster Control unit of the Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM) said.
"There were no occupants in the building when the fire broke out. Prima facie a short circuit could be the reason for the blaze. The building is old and needs repairs," he said.
"Rains, which started at the time of the incident, also helped us in dousing flames quickly. The blaze has been completely put out and nobody has been injured," he added.