Jind, Nov 2: A 66-year-old man and his son allegedly died of electrocution while working in their field at Mirzapur village here this morning. Vikas (21) was working on their agricultural land when he got electrocuted as he touched a transformer spot there.
On seeing his son falling down, Dayanand rushed to his help and he too got electrocuted as he tried to pick up Vikas, police said.
They were immediately rushed to a local hospital where the doctors declared them dead, they said. The bodies were handed over to the families after post mortem, police said, adding investigation was underway.