Sivakasi (TN), Feb 25: An explosion in a cracker unit at a village in the district today damaged five rooms and destroyed some fancy fireworks, but there were no causalities, police said.
The fireworks stored in one of the 40 rooms at 'Jonal Fireworks' unit at Chokkalingapuram village caught fire and exploded, they said, adding that the blaze quickly spread and completely gutted five rooms.
All the workers present in the unit managed to escape, they said without elaborating.
Fire service personnel from Sivakasi and Virudhunagar rushed to the spot and doused the flames. The reason for the explosion in the unit was being ascertained, they added.