Eating snake alive helped to save life says Jharkhand's tribal man

Ranchi, March 27: A tribal man from Jharkhand ate a venomous snake alive after it bit him while he was working in his field at Harmu village in Lohardaga district.

Later, he was admitted to a hospital and reportedly his condition is stable now.


The 30-year-old, Surendra Oraon without panicking after snake bit, picked up the snake and ate it alive from its tail, while leaving its head part.

However, after sometime his condition deteriorated and he went home. His family members rushed to the hospital after he informed about the incident.

Following the medical treatments doctor discharged Surendra on Saturday, March 26.

While informing about Surendra condition Dr Shailesh Kumar, said " He was now perfectly in stable condition after a night long medical treatments."

Surendra said while briefing the incident to media that "Earlier I have heard that eating snake after getting bitten help to save the life."

"The area has witnessed three to four such incidents and I am alive to tell the tale", He concluded.

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...