Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal alongwith deputy chief minister Manish Sisodia and party senior leader Ashutosh, on Wednesday released party's manifesto during a press conference.
Here are the highlights of AAP manifesto for MCD elections 2017:
- Will make Delhi a clean city within a year, with the use of best technology.
- Delhi will be free of vector-borne diseases such as dengue and chikungunya within three years.
- Desilting of drains to avoid deposition of rain water.
- Closure of all landfill sites by 2019.
- Several services rendered by the MCDs will be made available online to reduce corruption.
- Common redressal helpline number to be launched.
- Architects to prepare map for houses upto 500 metres.
- MCD to issue certificates and licences online.
- No need to pay residential house tax.
- MCD run schools to be renovated within two years and more teachers will be employed.
- Quality of teaching would be enhanced and nursery and KG classes in MCD- run schools would be started.
- MCD teachers will be sent abroad for further training.
- Mafia rule to be over in MCD.
- Free treatment and medicines in the MCD-run healthcare facilities and improve its quality.
- Decisions will be taken after having consultations with RWAs.
- Will end parking woes through surface, multi-level and underground parking facilities.
- Senior citizens to get Rs 2,500 as pension.
- Will improve conditions of parks.
- Will tackle the menace of stray dogs and monkeys.
For sanitation workers
- More number of sanitation workers will be hired.
- Their salaries will be credited in their bank accounts by seventh of every month.
- Regularisation of some 30,000-40,000 contractual sanitation workers.
- Keeping in mind their health, a family health insurance cover will be launched for them.
- Cashless card for his medical and health expenses.
- Fixed deposit of Rs 50,000 to their girl child.
- Free protective gears like masks and gloves.
- Resting rooms, food at subsidised rates and better working conditions.
There are currently 55,226 permanent safai karmacharis (sanitation workers) and 30,000-40,000 contractual sanitation workers in three civic bodies of Delhi and the party is leaving no stone unturned to woo this chunk of voters in the polls where margins are expected to be wafer thin.
[Also Read: All you need to know about MCD elections 2017]
MCD Election 2012 Results
The BJP had won 142 seats, while the Congress had bagged 77 seats in 2012 MCD elections. The BJP won a majority in the north and east and was the largest party in MCD south. The Congress had trailed in second place in all three.
|MCD Election 2012 Results|
MCD bypoll 2016 tally [on 13 seats]
The AAP had made an impressive debut in the MCD in May 2016 bypolls on 13 seats, when AAP had won 5 seats, Congress- 4, BJP- 3 and Independent- 1 seat.
Before bypolls, the BJP held 7 wards, 1- RLD and 5- Independents out of those 13 wards on which bypolls were held.
The MCD was trifurcated in 2012 and has been under the BJP for the last decade. Delhi MCD is divided into three zones- East, North and South and total number of wards is 272.
NDMC and SDMC have 104 seats each while EDMC has 64 seats. In 2012, the BJP won 144 out of 272 seats.
The MCD elections will be held on April 23 and results will be announced on April 26.