Delhi: Fire breaks out at the fourth floor of police headquarters

New Delhi, July 22: Fire broke out on the fourth floor of the New Delhi police headquarters today early in the morning. Fire tenders have reportedly brought it under control. No casualty has been reported till now.

The fire is believed to have been caused by a faulty electrical circuit, was tended by eight fire tenders who rushed to the spot immediately after the outbreak.

Fire official speaking to reporters, said that the fire had been fortunately detected in time.

No was injured in the blaze.

"We got a call about the fire at 7:10 AM. Being a high rise building, eight fire tenders were rushed to the spot. The fire had broken out in a battery panel on the fourth floor which was doused," the officials said.

According to a police official present in the building, power supply was disconnected after the fire was detected and the building was evacuated. This is the third incident of fire at the police headquarters in the recent past. Separate incidents of fire had been reported in the tenth floor and PRO room of the building in the last couple of months.

OneIndia News (with inputs from PTI)

Please Wait while comments are loading...