New Delhi, Jan 29: A court, hearing 1984 anti-Sikh riots case against Congress Leader Sajjan Kumar, on Friday expressed satisfaction over arrangements of video recording of the proceedings of the matter and fixed April 26 to resume the trial.
District Judge Amar Nath fixed April 26 for resumption of the trial. After seeing the arrangements, the court said "now the proceedings of this case can be videographed".
The Delhi High Court on November 30, 2015, had transferred a 1984 anti-Sikh riots case in which Sajjan Kumar is an accused, from the Karkardooma court to Patiala House court, while directing that the court proceedings should be videographed.
Congress leader Sajjan Kumar and two other accused last month told court that they would bear the expenses of video recording of the proceedings.
The court had scheduled the matter for Friday for inspecting the working of video recording system.
Sajjan Kumar with Brahmanand Gupta and Ved Prakash is facing trial in connection with killings of Sikhs in Sultanpuri in north Delhi during the anti-Sikh riots that erupted in the wake of the assassination of the then prime minister Indira Gandhi by two of her Sikh security guards.
The court has framed various charges, including those of murder and rioting, against the three accused.
The Central Bureau of Investigation filed two charge sheets against Sajjan Kumar and others in January 2010 in cases registered in 2005, on the recommendation of Justice G.T. Nanavati Commission that probed the sequence of events leading to riots.