Boy electrocuted due to waterlogging in Kolkata

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Kolkata, Aug 8: A 14-year-old student was today electrocuted after coming in contact with a live wire at a waterlogged area near Ramesh Mitra Road here, police said.

Yash Bengani, a student of Class VIII of Bhowanipore Education Society, was returning from tuition wading through knee-deep waters within the limits of Bhowanipore police station when the accident occurred, police said.

Boy electrocuted due to waterlogging in Kolkata.
He was immediately taken to the state-run SSKM hospital where doctors declared him brought dead. Waterlogging after the heavy rain caused massive traffic snarls in major parts of the metropolis till late evening, the police said.

Also read: Rains lash north, east India; flood toll 31, lightning kills 27

Kolkata Mayor Sovan Chatterjee said heavy-duty pumps have been pressed into service to pump out accumulated water from several badly affected areas, adding if there was no further downpour, waterlogging would be cleared soon.

PTI 

Please Wait while comments are loading...