New Delhi, April 20: After a long sabbatical, Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Sunday, April 19, accused Prime Minister Narendra Modi of seeking to return "debt of industrialists" and vowed to fight for farmers' interests and against the "weakened" land bill in his first public rally after returning from a 56-day leave of absence.
On Monday, April 20, the BJP claimed to have 'exposed' the misleading and malicious propaganda spread by Rahul Gandhi and Congress on Land Acquisition Bill. [Concern for farmers as land bill being changed: Rahul Gandhi]
- Shri Rahul Gandhi blames Gujarat model for land acquisition. Does he know SC and UPA lauded Gujarat for its land model?
- Rahul Gandhi should do his homework better. SC praised Gujarat Model of Land Acquisition.
- Was Rahul Gandhi on a holiday when DIPP under UPA said Gujarat's Land acquisition Model is the best?
- Congress suffering selective memory loss. Why did UPA drop 13 pro Farmer clauses? NDA included them in the land bill.
- Congress is misguiding people on Consent Clause. Hear PM expose this malicious propaganda.
- All amendments in Land Bill are purely for the benefits of farmers. Industrialists who exploited farmers in past will not be able to do so now.
- Not only farmers will get 4 times compensation & employment, they will also get a provision to own 20% of developed land.
- Shri Nitin Gadkari demolishing opposition's lies on Bill.
- Rahul Gandhi says Land Bill will enable Govt to give land to industrialists. He should know Bill only assists Central/State Govt projects not private enterprises.
- 60% of our population i.e. farmers contribute only 15% of GDP. Is this Congress empowered farmers in 60 years?
- Do we not want farmers to get power, schools, employment, roads? Why does Congress want farmers to remain eternally poor?
- Isn't it sad that Rahul Gandhi says #MakeInIndia will fail because of his political opposition to Modi Govt. No concern for India's poor?
- People of India are bigger threats than LeT & Jaish E Mohammed, said Rahul Gandhi to USA diplomats.
- Sweet irony- remain outside India for months, come back & spread lies to farmers.
- The BJP led Govt under Shri Narendra Modi remains committed to all Indians and developing India.
What Rahul Gandhi told farmers at Ramlila Maidan on Sunday, April 19?
"How Modi won the election? He took loans of thousands of crores from big industrialists from which his campaigning was done. How will he meet the obligation? He will do it by giving (them) your land. He wants to weaken the land bill," Rahul Gandhi said at a well attended Kisan-Khet Mazdooor rally at the Ramlila Maidan. [Congress warms up for farmers' rally, launches website]
He alleged in his 25-minute speech that the government wants that farmers do not get adequate price for their crops, do not get fertiliser and are not able to stand on their feet.
"Then, they will purchase your land and give it to industrialists... He (Modi) showed that in Gujarat model land can be taken. What he (Modi) did in Gujarat, he wants to do it in India... Modi wants to weaken the foundation. This is Modi's model -- weaken the foundation, then attach a ladder to the building, paint it and show to the world though the building is weak from inside."
Speaking extempore, Rahul Gandhi said the Congress was firmly with the farmers and the poor. "Wherever there is attempt to snatch their land, Congress leaders will be there. I will be there." [Rahul Gandhi meets farmers, has discussion over Land Bill]
The Congress sought to put the Modi government on notice over its land bill with all its top leaders - Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi and Manmohan Singh - signalling the party's intention to make it a rallying point in the party's efforts to revive itself electorally after the debacle in the last Lok Sabha election.