Guj: Panel to decide fee on medical college management seats

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Vadodara, Jun 21: The Gujarat government has appointed a 15-member committee headed by a retired High Court judge to decide the fee structure for filling up 25 per cent management quota seats in self-financed private medical colleges, a senior state minister said today.

The committee will be headed by a retired judge of the Gujarat High Court, Health Minister Nitin Patel told PTI. "The decision has been taken after I met representatives of such colleges in Gandhinagar a few days back.


I discussed a state government's Ordinance on abolishing 15 per cent NRI quota currently in place in such colleges," he said. According to the Minister, now the 15 per cent NRI quota is replaced by an increased 25 per cent management quota (which was earlier 10 per cent) "to ensure that Gujarat domicile students get maximum benefit".

"Under the new rules of the management quota, applying students would be expected to have completed class 12 from a Gujarat school and (he/she) should have a domicile," he added.

The colleges representatives said the government's move would cause colleges to incur losses. Patel further said this year 75 per cent seats will be filled by students taking the GujCET and the rest (25 per cent) by management quota students.


Please Wait while comments are loading...