Bengaluru, Nov 13: After the Cubbon Park gangrape case came to light, the police informed that they had sent the woman out of the park in the evening. Investigating officers say that it is not clear why she returned to the park.
It is said that around 5:30 pm, she walked into the Karnataka State Lawn Tennis Association (KSLTA) office inside the park to ask for an application form for joining the training. Authorities said that it was way beyond the working hours and that it was was a holiday that day. Following this, the security guards gave her the form and asked her to leave.
The KSLTA oddicial said that not only did she not leave the premises but also sat down at the parking lot. On enquiring, she said she was from Tumakaru and was planning to have her dinner there and sleep over so that she could join the training the very next day.
"Our security staff insisted that she leave the premises as it was getting late, but she was adamant. Finally , we had to call in police, who took her away," the official said.
After the report of the gangrape, the officials said that they had dropped her off at the Kanteerva indoor stadium but had returned to Cubbon Park. The KSLTA officials clarified that their staffer had nothing to do with the mishap and that the security guards attached to the park were guilty. The police collected CCTV footage from the KSLTA.
The police confirmed that this was the very woman whom they had found near the tennis stadium and asked to leave. A police officer said,"She was escorted up to the gate on Century Club side, We remember this particular woman as she claimed she was from Hosakerehalli in the city. This was the same woman who we found later in the park and told us that she had been gang-raped by two guards," a police officer said.