Jodhpur, Feb 12: The father of the girl, allegedly abused sexually by Asaram, has claimed that the self-styled godman's men have "threatened" him constantly and his entire family is under state of trauma.
"His (Asaram) men have been calling us consistently and saying that they would be putting in every effort to keep the trial lingering by moving one application after another", he said.
The father said that because of this threat, all the family members are almost confined to home and we all are living under fear.
"They could go to any extent as they have done by targeting a number of witnesses of the case against Asaram and because of this fear, my children have also stopped going to school", he said. He said he had come to Jodhpur with a view to make a plea in the court for the culmination of the trial, which has been going on for the past two years.
"As per the provisions under the POCSO Act, the trial should be completed in a year whereas in this case, over two years have elapsed and the trial was still pending", he said.
It may be recalled that all the prosecution witnesses have been examined in the case in the district and session court. But currently the examination of the last prosecution witness, the Investigating Officer of the case is under progress since July last year.