Acute shortage of water in Maharashtra district

Thane, June 13: Around 150 people, including children, from Khadavli village in the district were admitted to various hospitals after they reportedly drank contaminated water from a river.

While around 40 villagers were reportedly admitted yesterday, over 100 people were hospitalised today following symptoms of gastroenteritis.


When contacted, Murbad MLA Kisan Kathore confirmed the number of cases of gastroenteritis, however, the District Health Officer cannot be contacted despite repeated attempts.

Prima facie, the river water became polluted after some chemicals were reportedly released in the river to kill fish, Kathore said, adding the condition of those hospitalised is stable.

Many talukas in the district are facing acute shortage of water.


Please Wait while comments are loading...