Meerut love jihad case: Victim denies rape and forced conversion, confesses to eloping

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Meerut gangrape:Victim denies conversion
Meerut, Oct 13: In a fresh twist to the alleged Meerut gang rape and forced conversion case, the victim has retracted from her earlier statement and said she was neither gang raped nor was she forced to convert. The victim has even confessed that she had eloped with her Muslim boyfriend.

In her latest statement, the 20-year-old girl has alleged that her family members took money from politicians and forced her to give such statements. She has even lodged cases against her family members. The police have sent the victim to Nari Niketan.

The victim in her complaint had earlier said that she was raped and beaten by the accused Mohammad Sanaullah and his two aides on July 23 and forced to convert on July 26. The cops had however arrested Sanaullah on August 14.

Also read: मेरठ 'लव जेहाद' केस: नहीं हुआ गैंगरेप और धर्म परिवर्तन, ऐसा करने के लिए नेता दे रहे थे पैसा

Notably, the Uttar Pradesh Police has been consistently contradicting the victim and family's statements and said she was operated for ectopic pregnancy at Meerut Medical College on July 23 and not in Muzaffarnagar as she had said in her statement.

The entire case of gang rape and forced conversion had triggered tension in the area and local BJP leaders parties raised the issue of 'love jihad'.

Secretary (Home) Kamal Saxena told reporters in Lucknow, she was accompanied by Kaleem, another accused, to the hospital and he was named as her husband in the records before the surgery,.

"It was mentioned that she was wife of Kaleem and he was present at the time of operation. This is the fact which has come to fore during investigation for which documentary evidence is available. It is confirmed that the girl operated upon and this girl are same," he said.

"The girl was one-and-a-half month pregnant which has been confirmed by the test and which is part of the report," the Secretary (Home) said.

The girl's father had on August 2 lodged a complain that village head Nawab along with five others abducted his daughter on July 23 and took her to a Madrassa where they allegedly raped and illegally confined her.

However, the secretary said that the girl was admitted to the medical college on July 23 and was operated upon the same day.

"She got admitted to the medical college on July 23 and on the same day she was operated for some gynaecological problem at 12.30 pm," said Kamal Saxena.

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...