After power supply cut, Ajit Singh says he will vacate govt accomodation by Sept 25

Subscribe to Oneindia News

aa
New Delhi, Sep 14: A day after the Union Government cracked the whip by disconnecting power and water supplies to the official accommodation of former union minister Ajit Singh, the Rashtriya Lok Dal leader today said he will vacate the accommodation by 25th of this month.

"I have lived here for 36 years. My father (late Chaudhary Charan Singh) moved here in 1978 and thereafter there are so many things I have to sort out before moving. 11th August, I got the notice and I move out on 24-25 September. I do not think its unreasonable," he said.

Singh also said that he has found a house and signed a lease as well. "I found the house and we have signed the lease also. So, when they came on 9th, I informed them that I have signed the lease...... But now its 'Pitru Paksh'. So as soon as its over in about two weeks or so, I will go," the former civil aviation minister said.

The government had yesterday disconnected power and water supplies to the official accommodations here of former union ministers and ex-MPs including Ajit Singh, Jitendra Singh and Mohd Azharuddin who refused to vacate the premises.

Last week, an eviction team, along with police, had faced stiff resistance at Ajit Singh's Tughlaq Road residence when they had gone to take possession of the house.

PTI

Please Wait while comments are loading...