New Delhi, Nov 23: Economic Affairs Secretary Shaktikanta Das briefed the media on Wednesday over the demonetisation issue and said that 82,000 ATMs have been re-calibrated so far and in a matter of a few days all the ATMs will be re-calibrated.
Addressing the demonetisation issue, Das made other important announcements and said: "For benefit of agricultural operations in current rabi season, NABARD has sanctioned a credit limit of Rs 23,000 cr to DCCBs."
He added and said that NABARD and RBI has been advised to ensure adequate cash supply is available to the DCCBs.
Here are some other important announcements he made:
- Indian railways has waived off service charges on e-tickets booked till December 31.
- No service charge will be levied on digital financial transactions using feature phones till Dec 31st.
- RBI announced certain relaxation on Tuesday on E-wallets, enhancing the limit from Rs 10k to Rs 20K in respect of individuals.
- As far as RUPAY cards are concerned, all switching charges and other charges have been waived till December 31.
- The TRAI also reduced USSD charges from Rs. 1.50 to 50 paise
for feature phones (not smartphones) - as feature phones comprise
over 65% of all phones.