3 die, 31 fall ill after God's 'prasad' turns poisonous

Subscribe to Oneindia News

3 die, 31 fall ill after food poisoning
Raipur, Oct 27: Three persons died and 31 others fell ill after consuming 'prasad' at a religious event in Chhattisgarh's Balodabazar-Bhatapara district, police said.

As per eye witnesses, people started feeling uneasy and some of them fainted after eating the 'prasad' (consisting of puris and kheer) at the programme held in Boda village under Bhilaigarh police station limits last night, Balodabazar-Bhatapara Collector Rajesh Sukumar Toppo told PTI.

They were rushed to a local hospital where three villagers were declared brought dead, Toppo said. The deceased have been identified as Kartik Ram Kewat (50), Rameshwar Kewat (45) and Gorelal Gond (38), he said.

Of the sick, 27 were referred to CIMS (Chhattisgarh Institute of Medical Science) hospital in Bilaspur while four others were shifted to a hospital in Raipur after being provided primary treatment at a local hospital in Bhilaigarh, he said.

A case has been registered in this connection and matter is under investigation, the Collector said. The Sub-Divisional Magistrate of Balodabazar has also been directed to probe the incident and register cases against those found guilty, he added.

Chief Minister Raman Singh has announced a compensation of Rs one lakh each to the kin of the deceased.


Please Wait while comments are loading...