200 hospitalised after consuming food at wedding in UP

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Mathura, Apr 20: Around 200 people were hospitalised after having food at two separate weddings in Kosikala area here, a doctor said today. The first case of food poisoning was reported from Dasbisa village here on Monday night, Chief Medical Officer Vivek Mishra said.

The marriage party of two brothers comprising hundreds of people started vomiting after consuming the wedding food, he said.

200 hospitalised after consuming food

The second such case was reported from Satbisa village, he said. Mishra said the 200 affected people in both the cases have been shifted to hospital and are out of danger.

Another 300 people were administered medication, he said. Meanwhile, food samples from the wedding parties at both villages have been taken for inspection, he said.

Read More: 25 hospitalised in UP after food poisoning at wedding

Mishra said government and private hospital staff pitched in to attend to the cases.

He also cautioned against the use of substandard vegetables and other ingredients in preparing food at weddings.

PTI 

Please Wait while comments are loading...