2 trainees of sports school consume poison

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Thiruvananthapuram, Oct 7: Two 16-year-old girl students of the G V Raja Sports School here allegedly consumed some poisonous substance and have been hospitalised.

The two girls were brought to Thiruvananthapuram Medical College Hospital here at 9:15 pm last night and their condition was stable, hospital sources said.


The two hail from Thiruvananthapuram district. The College Principal refused to share details of the incident.

Yesterday, a 17-year-old trainee athlete of the Wynad District Sports Council at Kalpetta had ended her life after reportedly being scolded by her coach and relatives after she sold a pair of earrings for Rs 4,020 for purchasing a mobile phone.

In May this year, a 16-year-old a trainee athlete had ended her life at the Sports Authority of India, Alapuzha, by consuming a poisonous fruit.


Please Wait while comments are loading...