Here are the 10 key interesting facts about ICGS Shoor.
- ICGS Shoor is the second in series of 105-meter OPV (off-shore patrol vessel) class fleet built by Goa Shipyard Limited.
- It is fitted with a 30 mm CRN 91 Naval Gun for effective patrolling of EEZ.
- It has onboard four lane simulator for small arms training.
- The ship has two Quick Response Boats for search and rescue missions.
- It has two Palfinger fast rescue boats for interdictions at sea.
- It can carry a twin engine Advanced Light Helicopter onboard.
- It is fitted with oil spill response equipment for combating oil spill at sea.
- The mean machine is powered by two 9100 KW MTU diesel engines that takes the speeds in excess of 25 knots.
- The ship boasts of gen-next navigational aids including the Navigational Integrated Bridge System.
- This is the second of six OPVs being built by GSL for ICG.