How to get a new gas connection?
- First, locate the nearest gas agency office that services your area.
- Every area has an agency office which supplies cylinders for the company in that particular area.
- Collect an application form for new gas connection from the gas agency office.
- Submit documents giving the proofs of identity and address (xerox copy) with this application form.
- After the registration, the agency will issue you receipt on your name with date of registration and Registration Number.
- When your booking number comes, the agency inform the customer about the same. While, some agencies takes little time to do this, some extends the period of completing formalities.
- That time the customer has to produce the receipt of LPG registration and also make payments of Regulator/Cylinder/Deposit.
The documents required
For proof of identity (Anyone of the following)
Voter identification card, passport, driving licence, PAN card, any photo identification issued by the State Government or your Aadhaar number allotment letter.
For proof of address (Anyone of the following)
Voter identification card, ration card, electricity bill (not more than three months old), telephone bill (not more than three months old), employers certificate, rent receipt (last two months), flat allotment letter, house registration papers or Aadhaar number allotment letter.
Total charges for LPG connection with one cylinder:
- Cost of one empty cylinder: Rs 1450 (Refundable)
- Cost of one filled cylinder (with 14.2 kg): Rs Vary from place to place
- Cost of one Regulator: Rs 150 (Refundable)
- Cost of Gas Passbook: Rs 25
- Documentation charges: Vary from company to company
- Cost of one Gas Stove (optional): Based on the model of Gas Stove
Major LPG cylinder providers?
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (Bharat Gas)
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HP Gas)
- India Oil Corporation Limited (Indane)
Who is eligible to get LPG connection?
- Every family is eligible (either in urban or rural) to get LPG connection
- One family can avail only one LPG connection from any of the three suppliers i.e. Indane/ HP Gas/ Bharat Gas.
Types of LPG connection
- LPG connection for domestic use (14.2 Kg and 5 Kg)
- LPG connection for commercial use (For Hotel/ Restaurant, Industry etc) (19 Kg and 47.5 Kg)
What you will get at the time LPG Connection?
- One 14.2 Kg filled LPG cylinder
- One Regulator
- One Rubber Pipe
- One Gas Stove (optional)
- One Passbook
- Certificate of Gas Connection
What you should know about LPG connection?
- As per the rules, only 1 LPG connection is permitted per household.
- Ensure that you receive a booklet, which is like a pass book.
- The agency will make a record of your LPG bookings.
- Purchasing the Cooking Stove from Gas Agency is not mandatory. Customers can purchase the same from elsewhere.
How to do refilling of LPG cylinder?
- Remember your LPG Customer Number
- You can register your request for refilling of LPG cylinder over phone or by mails.
- At the time Gas booking, you have to mention your Customer No and they will give you Booking Number.