Here are certain things about her that are lesser known to the public:
- She was heading the Defence Avionics Research Establishment (DARE) since July 2014 and was again the first woman to head DARE
- She was awarded the India Today Woman in Science in 2014.
- She was part of the Integrated Electronic Warfare cluster of DRDO's Defence Electronics Research Laboratory, (DLRL) Hyderabad for 26 years
- An alumnus of Osmania University, she is also a practising Electronics and Communications engineer
- She joined DRDO in 1987
- A specialist in ESM and ECM systems, which are configuration of Communication and Radar, Manjula has also been accorded DRDO's Scientist of the Year 2011' and 'Performance Excellence' awards.
- The Army, Navy and the Air Force are using fast signal acquisition receivers, high power RF systems, responsive jammers and controller softwares, all of which have been designed by her.