If senior Congress leaders are to be believed, Rahul will make his 'ghar wapsi' (home coming) to attend a farmers rally against land acquisition bill on April 19 in Delhi. [Congress's Kisan rally to be Rahul Gandhi's comeback platform?]
But political analysts say that he will be put to test by the media, opposition parties and his coteries from the very day of his arrival.
How will Rahul Gandhi face everyone after a long sabbatical?
There was bickering within the party about Gandhi's untimely sabbatical. Gandhi would be answerable to his own leaders and cadres, and more over to the people of Amethi, his parliamentary constituency. [Who can predict Rahul's return, asks Javadekar]
Opposition parties, especially the BJP is raring to go at what they call 'part-time' politician inside and outside parliament. Gandhi's absence from the debate on crucial Land Acquisition Bill had drawn flak from opposition parties.
Gandhi packed his bag just after the Delhi debacle. If he gets elevated to the chief of party, he will have to shoulder the responsibility of re-energizing the dismantled party, taking senior leaders along with him, which he hasn't managed to do till date. [Rahul will be back among people 'very soon': Sonia Gandhi in Amethi]
If there is anybody who would be more eagerly waiting to get a sight of Gandhi, will be hundreds of media persons, who would be raring to tear him apart with lots of following questions:
- Where were you all these days? Uttarakhand? Switzerland? Spain? Italy...?
- Why did you take sabbatical? Any personal reasons?
- Angry with old guards?
- You were holidaying with...?
- Will you sack seniors leaders?
- Do you think that your absence created a tough situation for the cornered Congress?
- Do you think your absence also gave space to senior party leaders and other young brigades to introspect?
- What will be the first thing you probably do after becoming the chief of congress party?