What is campaign all about?
- As per the campaign, 27,000 public meetings will be organised in 17 days to reach out to the people ahead of next year's Assembly polls.
- The public meetings will be addressed by all top State unit leaders.
- All Ministers and MPs from Bihar will also take part in three-week long campaign.
- It was launched on Thursday to mark the birth anniversary of party ideologue and mentor Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhayay, a Bharatiya Jan Sangh leader.
- It is an attempt to "expose the Jitan Ram Manjhi Government and highlight the 110-days achievements of Narendra Modi Government at the Centre.
- The campaign has been launced in almost all village panchayats and blocks.
- Around 25 lakh leaflets in Hindi would be distributed, with at least 10,000 leaflets in each of the 243 assembly constituencies.
- It will end on October 15.
Campaign to counter Cong-JDU-RJD alliance?
- Following humiliating defeat in LS polls, Congress, JDU and RJD formed secular 'grand' alliance to take on a resurgent BJP.
- The alliance got success by winning six seats in the Assembly bypolls.
- Following bypolls disaster, BJP trying to regain lost momentum.
- What is condition of BJP in Bihar?
- The BJP-led-NDA had a spectacular show in Lok Sabha polls winning 31 out of the total 40 seats.
- Just three months after, the party received a massive jolt in the Assembly by-polls.
- BJP won 4 out of 10 in Assembly bypolls.
Assembly elections in Bihar
- The elections to 243 member-legislative Assembly are due in 2015.
- In last Assembly polls in 2010, Nitish Kumar led NDA alliance had won 206 seats to form the Government.
- The Janata Dal (United) won 115 seats while BJP bagged 91 seats.
- The JDU and BJP called off their 17-year-old alliance on 16 June 2013.